Shaolin Temple UK is delighted to present you the Shaolin Kungfu Camp 2019. In the summer of 2015, 2016,2017 and 2018 we successfully introduced students to the origins of Shaolin to discover the true Shaolin wisdom. There you will explore the roots of Shaolin Kung Fu and experience the true ways of Shaolin life. As our Kungfu camp enters its third year, we sincerely invite our members and friends to participate.
Shaolin Kungfu Camp is operated in association with our school Shaolin Combat International School (SCIS) in China. SCIS focuses on traditional Shaolin Kungfu and combat. Instructed by Shifu Yanzi, students will learn the authentic Shaolin skills. Additionally, participants will also learn about Ch’an(Zen) Shaolin with other Shaolin masters.
Shaolin Kungfu Camp welcomes everybody (members and non-members) age from 10 to 60 years ago.
The Kungfu Camp will operate the following classes:
- Shaolin Kung Fu Preparation training
- Qigong, Ba duan Jing which is a Shaolin Temple treasure.
- Traditional forms
- Shaolin Sanshou and sparring
- Chan (Zen) Buddhism study and meditation
- Practice Chinese Calligraphy
- Learn playing Chinese Chess
- Learn Chinese
- and more.
You will stay in a shared room with one or two other people . Rooms have an en-suite bathroom, air conditioning and heating. If you would not like a shared room then you can upgrade by paying an additional fee.
Students are provided with 3 meals per day, Chinese Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are all served in the Dining Hall. Water is provided but beverages such as juice and soft drinks are not included. Most of the vegetables are organic planted at our own farm.
LOCATION & SERVICES
Both Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Combat School are based in the outskirts of Dengfeng city, which is a very small city. The nearest large city is Zhengzhou (2 hours drive).
Services in order of proximity to Shaolin Combat School:
- 2 mins walk. Convenience stores selling drinks, snacks, food and basic things.
- 20 mins bus ride. Dengfeng city centre, many shops, basic pharmacy.
- 2 hours drive. Zhengzhou city, hospitals, train station, airport, most things available as it is a major city.
The Kung Fu camp is priced £350 per week, excluding additional purchase of uniform or Qigong brush. Students have the option of staying for 2,3 or 4 weeks.
FEE’S DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Return flights to China are not covered. You will need to buy your own flights, apologies – we will not be booking group flights.
- Travel between Zhengzhou and other places (we will cover travel costs between Zhengzhou and Shaolin Temple but not, for example, between Zhengzhou and Beijing)
- Visas – Shaolin Temple UK will help with but not pay for the visa.
- Travel insurance.
Fees Do Include:
- Training – 6 days a week, 6 hours per day.
- Meal- We will provide Chinese style Breakfast, lunch and dinner, This will be healthy & hearty.
- Water is provided but not beverages like juice and soft drinks.
- Accommodation- You will stay in a shared room with one or two other people , The room has an en-suite bathroom and air conditioning and heating. If you don’t want a shared room, there is the option to pay an extra fee for your own room.
What you need to provide
- A valid passport and Chinese visa (Shaolin Temple UK can help with visa application).
- your flight to China and travel to the venue (Dengfeng pickup and drop off is provided).
- Travel Insurance.
- Training clothes, running shoes, training shoes, flip flops or sandals, and towels.
- Pocket money to buy drinks, and snacks.
If you cancel 7 days before your arrival date, we will be happy to refund you but a cancellation fee of £30.00 will be charged plus bank transfer fee or PayPal fee. If you cancel less than 7 days before your arrival date, there is a cancellation fee of 50% of the total you have paid. If you cancel after you arrived there is no refund.